Jim is an experienced litigation attorney with over 37 years of experience representing various individuals, private and public corporations, partnerships, insurance companies, small businesses and high net worth individuals in Florida and Pennsylvania. He is admitted to practice in the State of Florida, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and a number of Federal Circuit Courts in Pennsylvania and Florida as well as the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals.
Jim comes from a family of lawyers starting with his grandfather in 1925 and practicing with his father, uncle, aunt, brother and his son, Jason. Before relocating his practice to Florida, Jim was one of the named partners of a Pennsylvania based law firm with offices in Philadelphia, Reading, Bethlehem, Scranton/Wilkes Barre and Harrisburg. He and his co-managing partner grew the firm from 4 lawyers to 35 lawyers focusing on insurance related cases including coverage, fraud, arson, auto liability, construction defect, products liability and commercial general liability defense. His firm was named in the Top 100 law firms in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
His undergraduate degree is from the Pennsylvania State University at University Park, PA., and he is a member of the Penn State Alumni Association. He is also the Southwest Florida liaison for Penn State Law. He graduated from Southwestern Law in Los Angeles and returned to Pennsylvania. He spent three years in the public defender’s office where he began developing his trial skills in handling hundreds of cases through jury verdict from misdemeanor assaults through capital cases including murder in the first degree. He then turned his focus on representing several large insurance companies where he continued to develop as a skilled civil trial attorney handling cases in both state and federal courts in Pennsylvania and Florida.
Today, Jim focuses his practice on representing individuals, property owners, property managers and businesses in various insurance claims, hurricane claims, insurance coverage disputes, weather related disaster claims, general litigation, probate litigation and personal injury. He has successfully helped numerous victims of Hurricane Irma with their insurance claim disputes.
- Post hurricane losses: Has represented hundreds of policyholders in obtaining favorable insurance coverage and benefits paid for hurricane related damages.
- Has represented hundreds of business and property owners in construction defect, manufacturing and design defect cases to successful conclusion.
- Defended the general contractor in a multi-party construction, design, product defect case where the roof trusses on a 4-story cathedral roof failed causing serious personal injury.
- Defended the manufacturer of grinding wheels which were alleged to have been defectively designed causing them to explode in certain “cut-off” wheel applications.
- Defended a wrongful death case against a local municipality which was named as a target defendant for failure to properly maintain the trees and shrubs at an alleged “dangerous railroad crossing.”
- Has successfully handled hundreds of motor vehicle accident cases.
- Represented the manufacturer of the location transponder beacon used on a private aircraft that malfunctioned when the plane crashed in a remote snow-covered mountain.
- Represented tire manufacturer for product defect when the tire tread separated causing catastrophic accident and injuries.
- Represented the manufacturer of the safety brake on a horse trailer that failed when the trailer became unhitched and plowed head-on into a motor vehicle traveling in the opposite lane of travel killing all occupants of another motor vehicle.
Pennsylvania State University: BS Marketing/Economics (1975)
Southwestern Law: J.D. (1981)
Member: American Bar Association, Florida Bar Association